Shipium Shipment Generation
Route orders across a complex nodal network
Ship the right products to the right customers from the right warehouse at the right time to minimize cost and hit your promises. Shipment Generation solves order routing's two hardest problems: complicated logical decision making, and harmonizing integration into all required systems.
How it works
- Sits at the intersection of existing systems, like inventory management and transportation management.
- Creates a "cart-level fulfillment plan" that manages all decisions for a given order across your network and systems.
- Decides which SKUs should be shipped from which FCs based on cost-based optimizations that hit a specific delivery date promise.
Constrain on speed, optimize for cost
Shipment Generation is the glue that ties together all your systems so that a promise is kept by constraining decisions based on the speed required. But that's only half the puzzle: All decisions also need to be optimized for cost so you can profitably meet your promises.
Continuous cost-based decision making
Shipium Shipment Generation constantly looks at several factors to make the best decisions for an order, including:
- Fulfillment cost (historical process cost at a building and current labor situation)
- Shipping cost
- Fully landed cost to transfer the inventory
- Will this decision throw the network further out of balance which will lead to more cost later (predictive)?
- Are you hitting labor constraints on the building for a small incremental cost savings?
Your shipping experience is your shopping experience
In a recent market study by KPMG, consumers ranked “Enhanced Delivery Options” as the second most important online attribute after “Best Price” among 12 factors. The impossible task for retailers is how do you keep your promise with competitive delivery options while also providing competitive pricing without going bankrupt? Shipium Shipment Generation is the core service that makes it possible.
Want to see how Shipium works?
Schedule a demo. Our team is happy to answer any questions or provide you a example of our capabilities.